Ly-Hub

Thursday, November 10, 2005

Think about it!

If you were to leave Libya, for good or for a very long time, what would you miss the most?

It will always going to be food for me! Do you know that, Libyan bread is unreplaceable! Of course you don't! ;) It tastes better than french bread @ baguette. Truly, deeply, madly! There is the bakery which my dad would stop by everyday after picking me up from school. It is by the road side on the way to Hai Andalus from the town or to be exact from the Beach Hotel area. It is situated near a bridge. I could see it clearly until today!

5 Comments:

  • Libyan bread is still fantastic Redenclave I truly wish you could come back to Libya one day ...

    By Anonymous highlander, at November 10, 2005 1:09 PM  

  • i agree with you all :) Libyan bread is by far the best in the whole entire world!!! However when I'm in Libya, I always seem to lack yummy things to make the perfect sandwich, like yummy cheddar cheese, or some fresh philadelphia cream cheese. But just the bread is absolutley amazing, when I was in Misratah between 1992 - 1995, 10 medium sized loaves of bread (about a foot long) cost 25 garesh (rub3 ejneeh). Since returning to Canada I wince everytime I have to buy a skinny baguette for $1.

    By Blogger aisha, at November 12, 2005 7:52 PM  

  • Aisha we have cheddar cheese etc.. now :)

    By Anonymous highlander, at November 25, 2005 4:55 PM  

  • Hi guys,
    Happy to discover your blog, I did thanks to the post of my friend Adib on our blog : http://maghreblog.net
    Just wanted to wish you good luckā€¦

    By Anonymous Manal, at December 01, 2005 5:59 PM  

  • almost every Libya living abroud will agree with you, I heard alot my frind's over here say so. enven my Mother when she came for a visit she sayed that she mised breed the most. and I always woudered what makw Libyan bread the best? I don't think I found the answer yet.

    By Blogger Salah el Din, at December 12, 2005 1:15 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home